Friday, November 16, 2007
Deadlines: (no late applications will be accepted)
Do before or by November 12:
1. ***Submit to Art Advising, 2 BFA Application Support Letters from Western Faculty (1 must be photo area faculty) who would be willing to serve on your committee.
2. ***Submit to Art Advising, a BFA Application.
3. Sign up for your interview time (sign up sheet will be located outside the “long room” in the photo critique room).
4. Submit two enveloped packets (to Bill Davis and Ginger Owen) with a current resume’ (please list art exhibits that you have been involved in, if applicable), artist statement (description of work), and a personal statement of reasons why you would like to become a BFA student, goals you plan on accomplishing as a BFA student and your future goals after degree is awarded.
***Application forms can be found in Advising office (art advisors: Ellen Armstrong or John Kollig) or on WMU website under “Advising” page.
Requirements, for November 16 – Interview:
1. Must have taken 1 Basic Photography course, college level at WMU or equivalent as a transfer student.
2. Present a portfolio of 10-15 works of art. Choose work that best represents your craft and personal vision.
3. Come to your interview 10 minutes early. Be prepared, your interview will last no longer than slotted time. A list of interview questions will be distributed before interview, please inquire with Photo Area Faculty.